Mor and I decided to celebrate our anniversary, albeit belated, by taking a 3-day vacation to Singapore, just us two (my brother stayed with Luke at home!) On our flight home, I asked Mor what his favorite part of the trip was and he replied: “Hotel Jen!”
That should give you an idea of just how much we enjoyed our stay!
For two nights, we stayed at Hotel Jen Orchardgateway. I booked directly at the hotel for the most basic room but they gave us a Club Room with Club Benefits for free! Thanks Hotel Jen!
Usually, I’ll talk about the room a lot but for this hotel review, can I just skip that? Don’t get me wrong, the room was great (clean, spacious, well-lit) but with Hotel Jen, I want to talk about the facilities (well, the pool mostly! Haha!) and the Club Lounge benefits because they were awesome!
The Rooftop Pool
Decked in beautiful Dedon furniture (proud to be Filipino here), Hotel Jen’s rooftop pool is fun, hip and stunning!
Beautiful lounge areas perfect for napping! But since I’m a “let’s-do-everything-in-a-day” kind of girl, I most definitely did NOT want to nap so I can maximize my experience of the place!
This is the kiddie pool. Made me wish we brought Luke to the trip because he loves the water! And it also made me wish I had a pool at home so I can have a reason to get chairs like these. Haha!
Beautiful Singapore skyline as our view, including The Marina Bay Sands! Something you won’t get if you swim at their pool. Haha, obviously!
My only “complaint” (which isn’t really a complaint) is I wish they didn’t have the glass barrier! But it’s no big deal because the view still looks great anyway.
We stayed for around 2.5 hours, which was way longer than what we planned on! Cliche but true: time flies when you’re having fun!
As mentioned, we were given a complimentary upgrade with club benefits. This is what you get with it:
- Exclusive check-in and check-out at the Club Lounge (Helpful on busy days)
- Club Lounge access (You can drop in for afternoon tea and cocktails)
- 2-hours use of meeting rooms (Hmm… I have no need for this)
- 1 piece of pressing (Might be useful if you’re on a business trip)
- Free use of Mac PC
So is it worth paying extra for the club lounge benefits of Hotel Jen Orchardgateway? Probably only if you’re planning on staying inside the hotel most of the time (maybe if it’s a staycation?) so you can maximize everything.
As for us, we didn’t really plan on dropping in for afternoon tea and cocktails because we were so busy shopping and eating out (ha!) but we chanced upon it when we went back to the hotel to drop our things off and maaan, were we surprised!
Wine, cheese, bread and salmon sashimi!!! I really freaked because I’m obsessed with salmon sashimi! I must’ve eaten half of the entire plate… oops. There was satay also, which Mor loved, some cakes, cookies and other snacks. We stuffed ourselves before heading out so we ended up having dinner really late that night because we were still full.
Other things about Hotel Jen Orchardgateway Singapore:
- Location: 5/5. Direct access to Somerset MRT and it’s also directly above Orchardgateway Mall, which is interconnected with 4 other malls. Extremely convenient!
- Service: 5/5. Everyone was extremely helpful but not overbearing! I’m still breastfeeding Luke so I was still pumping and I wanted to bring home most of the milk (more on that on a separate entry!) The staff were kind enough to assist me in everything that I needed (fridge, freezer, microwave for sterilizing, etc.!)
- Food: I’m not great with food (I’m not particular at all) so I’m not the best judge but I enjoyed the selection and enjoyed my breakfasts!
- Little/big things we loved: Unrestricted Wi-fi everywhere, allowing us to check-out late at 3pm and the beautiful interiors!
Hotel Jen is a brand under Shangri-La International Management Ltd. I’ve always loved Shangri-La and Hotel Jen certainly did not disappoint! I’m now excited to try other Hotel Jen’s in other countries. Have you guys been on any? How was it like?